Wednesday, June 6, 2007

An Introduction

I have always been fascinated by the story of Gideon, a man whose "clan [was] the weakest in Manasseh, and [who was] the least in [his] father's house." (Judges 6:15) Yet God used this seemingly meaningless man in the grand scheme of things and a rag tag group of just 300 men to defeat one of the greatest armies the world had known at that time. To me, this story is not only one of the greatest examples of God's power to do as He wills with whatever tool he chooses, but it also shows that just a few righteous men who seek to follow the will of God can have a far greater impact on their world than they could ever see themselves having..

How does this relate to the title of my blog? I am a recently Reformed Christian who is still wet behind the ears. I don't consider myself in any way a masterful theologian. Yet, however small and incompetent I may feel in this vast universe, even I can be used by God to do His will, and just like Gideon and his 300 men, have a far reaching impact on the course of human history. Please don't misunderstand me, I don't have such lofty expectations. I just want to do what I can to be a glimmer of hope in this dark world.

So please, read, comment, discuss, and even correct me if you feel I'm wrong. I don't claim to know everything and still have a lot to learn. I hope what I have to say will positively effect the lives of those who read this blog.

No comments: